2017 Week of The Young Child
The 2017 Week of the Young Child™ has come and gone. This special week is an annual celebration hosted by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) celebrating early learning, young children, their teachers, and families.
Many celebrated this fantastic week is by participating in the daily themes suggested by NAEYC:
- Music Monday: Through music, children develop math, language, and literacy skills – All while having fun and being active!
- Tasty Tuesday: This fun, food-themed day is about more than just cheese and crackers. Cooking together connects math with literacy skills, science and more. With the rise in childhood obesity, you can encourage healthy nutrition and fitness habits at home and in the classroom.
- Work Together Wednesday: When children build together they explore math and science concepts and develop their social and early literacy skills.
- Artsy Thursday: Children develop creativity, social skills and fine motor skills with open-ended art projects where they can make choices, user their imaginations and create with their hands.
- Family Friday: Engaging and celebrating families is at the heart of supporting our youngest learners. NAEYC and KSAEYC applauds family members’ role as young children’s first and most important teachers.
Thank you to all who celebrated our early learners, young children, teachers, and families!!! We look forward to celebrating the Week of the Young Child with you in 2018!